ScareCrow is a ransomware currently attacking many computers. This term implies a special malicious software that unexpectedly injects your computer, performs several unwanted modifications with it and then tells you about the necessity to pay the ransom to get your data restored. If you have detected ScareCrow to be the part of your system, immediately follow this tutorial that explains how to get your computer fixed and remaining data saved.
ScareCrow sends notifications, so-called blackmails that appeal with the purpose to motivate users pay money. Once penetrated the system, this malware won’t stop until it locks all your important or private stuff and spoil normal performance.
You also ought to remember that often intrusion of malicious utilities (including ScareCrow) may take place while installing some free software that can be bundled with other additional programs, whereas some of them could be very dangerous. It’s very important that you do not use any suspicious software download resources but rather use only trusted places for this purpose. Also, make sure to always thoroughly read the supporting documentation related to free applications you intend to make the part of your system. If you read about some suspicious extra bundles, do not permit their intrusion.
Save your device and private data against ScareCrow malware application with a malware scanner which will keep the system clean. And then, do not ignore resetting infected browsers with the help of GridinSoft Anti-Malware applications. Use the registered version of the program only.
Download the reliable tool for ScareCrow removal:
Detailed instruction on how to remove ScareCrow infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove ScareCrow virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with ScareCrow in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.