.PUNISHER is a ransomware currently attacking many computers. This term implies a special malicious software that unexpectedly injects your computer, performs several unwanted modifications with it and then tells you about the necessity to pay the ransom to get your data restored. If you have detected .PUNISHER to be the part of your system, immediately follow this tutorial that explains how to get your computer fixed and remaining data saved.
Stay away from the .PUNISHER ransomware as it is the best remediation against many computer threats. In fact, it is not difficult, the situation is hard when user already sees payment requirements in the popping up windows and is not able to have access to the particular files on the computer.
You also ought to remember that often intrusion of malicious utilities (including .PUNISHER) may take place while installing some free software that can be bundled with other additional programs, whereas some of them could be very dangerous. It’s very important that you do not use any suspicious software download resources but rather use only trusted places for this purpose. Also, make sure to always thoroughly read the supporting documentation related to free applications you intend to make the part of your system. If you read about some suspicious extra bundles, do not permit their intrusion.
As a solution to remove .PUNISHER ransomware we strongly advise you to scan the system with our recommended security software. Doing so will help you to save at least some of your important documents and cherished photos, etc. You also need to reset your browsers using additional tips in the rest of the guide below.
Download the reliable tool for .PUNISHER removal:
Detailed instruction on how to remove .PUNISHER infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove .PUNISHER virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with .PUNISHER in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.