.MARS becomes extremely common for many Web user. This malware stands for the ransomware which appeals to pay money for unlocking encrypted PCs. This is ransomware attack, and all not perfectly protected computers are in danger. We classify this malicious software as really dangerous and offer netizens to read following information.
.MARS sends notifications, so-called blackmails that appeal with the purpose to motivate users pay money. Once penetrated the system, this malware won’t stop until it locks all your important or private stuff and spoil normal performance.
When .MARS blocks OS, users are shocked and confused. We strengthen the fact that it is a really bad situation, still, not the end of the world. User can detect malware and delete it stopping further encryption. Remember to have a backup of all vital files and data on the respectful resources. Mind all your online actions to stay away from this malicious app and never ever have problems with it. Keep applications up-to-date, do not ignore new features clicking on the “remind later”.
As a solution to remove .MARS ransomware we strongly advise you to scan the system with our recommended security software. Doing so will help you to save at least some of your important documents and cherished photos, etc. You also need to reset your browsers using additional tips in the rest of the guide below.
Download the reliable tool for .MARS removal:
Detailed instruction on how to remove .MARS infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove .MARS virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with .MARS in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.