Bak.exe is an application that appears in the system due to the vulnerability in the system. It takes place in the system and a Google folder appears on the PC. It may be seen when opening the Task Manager. Most likely the system has adware or other potentially unwanted object that has penetrated the system.
You can see the process of Bak.exe in the Task Manager, simple right-clicking will show you the Google infected folder location. However, it does not mean that the problem is solved and now you can delete the issue. Vice versa! You will not be able to delete the threat manually because the source of permanent adverts hides under many other services and processes valid in your computer. The adware that you have in the system is powered with self-protection skill, it masks itself and stays in the system for long time.
Penetration of Bak.exe process can happen due to user’s personal actions or the problem with defense. In the first case certain users’ actions connected with thoughtless and silly installation may cause malware appearance. They should be alert and attentive all the time they are online and especially careful with download. In the second case people rely on anti-virus software and do not know that it can sometimes fail to maintain tracking all the threats and preventing their installation. It is always a good idea to switch for reliable software that can conduct its main functions.
In other words Bak.exe process needs your urgent reaction. Follow the steps below to know how to deal with the threat without problems. Be mindful with all online actions in the future, use only proven resources for the installation.
Download the reliable tool for Bak.exe removal:
Detailed instruction on how to remove Bak.exe infection.
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open the program and choose “Quick scan” or “Full scan“. Full scan of the system is adviced, but because of the infection, your computer may suffer from performance issues, use Quick scan in this case.
- Scan your system and watch for results.
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Fix Now” button to remove Bak.exe virus:
- (optional) Shut down all your available browsers, if you can.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instruction, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
Prevention tips for your PC from being reinfected with Bak.exe in the future:
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start“
This useful feature may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Block always”.